Properly Care for Your Invisalign in Boca Raton, FL
Invisalign is an excellent orthodontic treatment for many patients looking to straighten their smile. Whether you’re well into your treatment or just starting out, there are general Invisalign care tips that every orthodontic patient should know! We’ve compiled a list of the top five tips you should try if you are using Invisalign in Boca Raton, FL:
1. Keep alignment trays clean. Your Invisalign trays will be in your mouth about 22 hours a day for several months, so you want to be sure that you are keeping them clean. The best way to clean your Invisalign trays is to soak them in room-temperature water and a denture cleaner. This helps dissolve food particles, saliva or anything that stick to your alignment trays. Don't use toothpaste or any grainy substance to “scrub” the trays because that makes them look cloudy and leaves permanent damage to your Invisalign.
2. Keep the trays away from hot water. Hot or boiling water bends and warms your alignment trays. While some patients are tempted to run the trays under hot water to clean them, this does more harm than good. You should also avoid drinking hot beverages while wearing the alignment trays. Take your Invisalign out of your mouth when drinking coffee because the combination of hot liquid and coffee will permanently stain your Invisalign.
3. Check your Invisalign for tartar buildup. Just like the surface of our teeth, Invisalign in Boca Raton, FL experiences tartar buildup. If you see a white or cloudy film on your retainer, you're brushing your teeth improperly. Make sure you're brushing your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and flossing after meals. Anything left on your teeth attaches itself to your retainer. Keeping your teeth clean help keep your Invisalign in good shape.
4. Use your Invisalign case. When we take Invisalign out to eat or drink, we will casually put it on a napkin or plate. This is the quickest way for your Invisalign to accidentally end up in the trash. Use your Invisalign case every time you take out your alignment trays to ensure that you don’t mistakenly toss it out.
5. Replace Invisalign when necessary. If your Invisalign in Boca Raton, FL is looking a little worn down, or if it doesn’t fit quite like it used to, it's time for an upgrade! Invisalign is subject to wear and tear over time because patients are constantly using them. If you think it's time to get a new set, call our office and schedule an appointment.
To learn more about Invisalign in Boca Raton, FL, call our office to request more information. We look forward to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams! Call Wallace and Salazar Dental at (561) 391-0020 or fill out a contact request form to make an appointment.