Improve Your Smile With Teeth Whitening in Boca Raton FL!
Teeth whitening in Boca Raton is a procedure that can be done professionally in-office or at home. For the quickest, most effective results, it’s recommended to get this cosmetic procedure done by your dentist. Teeth whitening is a safe and effective way to improve the appearance of your smile. Many products have been shown to have no adverse effects on teeth or gums in substantial clinical and laboratory testing. This procedure can take up to an hour by Dr. Wallace and Dr. Salazar, who apply a high-concentration peroxide gel on the teeth. At-home whitening kits are a long process, which uses lower concentrated peroxide gel.
At-home whitening kits consist of trays that are worn for a couple of hours or overnight, depending on the type of kit used. It’s important to look for clinically proven products, follow directions and consult with your dental professional. The cost of teeth whitening varies, so talk to our team to find out which option is best suited for your smile
With our Boca Raton teeth whitening, sensitivity can sometimes occur. However, there are a few steps to help prevent it from happening.
- Try brushing your teeth with sensitive toothpaste. This type of toothpaste is made with ingredients such as potassium nitrate to relieve the pain associated with tooth sensitivity.
- Avoid whitening your teeth for a few days. You may need to give your teeth a break to adapt to the whitening process. The longer you wait to whiten your teeth, the less sensitivity you will experience.
- Ask Dr. Wallace or Dr. Salazar to provide you with a fluoride treatment that will help remineralize your teeth after teeth whitening.
It’s also important to prevent discoloration on your newly brightened smile.
- Quit smoking. Smoking tobacco can cause teeth to be discolored.
- Use a straw. Use a straw when drinking beverages, especially drinks such as coffee and tea to keep stain-causing dyes away from your teeth.
If you have gum disease, teeth with worn enamel, cavities, or particularly sensitive teeth, you may not be suitable for teeth whitening. Those who are pregnant, breast-feeding, have caps or tooth-colored crowns may also not be able to complete the process. Teeth whitening in Boca Raton FL is a great option for almost any smile. Ask our team for more information or call (561) 391-0020 to schedule your consultation.